Friday, 27 May 2016

I Want to Have a Chat

Hello folks,

A couple of weeks ago, I was approached by a television production company, asking me to take part in a dating show. A dating show where those with disabilities and deformities are filmed trying to 'find love.' They thought that I would be a good fit, given that I have a deformity myself.

I have a lot of thoughts on this. Angry ones. Frustrated ones. Thoughts about misrepresentation in the media, about exploitation and about control of voice.

I made a video addressing all of my issues with this show and the people who produce it. I would be very grateful if you could take the time to watch it, and share it. I think more people need to be aware of how these companies operate. You can watch the video here.


Thank you. Sending lots of love to you all,

Jen xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Yes, please watch Jen's video and share it. I have a different sort of disability and I often look awkward doing something. It doesn't give other people the right to stare, make comments, ask intrusive questions or tell me what to do or think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched nearly all your videos and I never noticed it until you addressed it. Your personality is mesmerizing. I tune in for your fantastic reviews and your recommendations. Oddly I've actually noticed your cool nail polish on numerous occasions without ever noticing anything out of the ordinary. So that's that from this random follower. Thanks for pointing out how extra cool and inspiring you are when it actually fell under my radar . Much love to you xx

    ReplyDelete