Last night I uploaded a video telling you about everything that's going on life-wise, bookselling-wise, writing-wise etc. You can watch that over here. Grab a cup of tea and pull up a seat.
If you would prefer to read instead of watch, here's a summary of some of the things I talked about:
- We're sadly closing Ripping Yarns bookshop at the moment. We're not disappearing as a business; we'll be operating out of Celia (the bookshop owner)'s house, doing book fairs, open by appointment etc, so do keep an eye on our website for details of that. We're open until 20th September if you want to come and say hello in the mean time. We were hoping to stay until the end of our lease in 2018, but the landlord is doubling our rent so we're leaving early.
- If you'd like to listen to me chatting on the Man Booker Podcast, you can do so over here. I'm at 9:25mins in.
- I've got 5 events coming up in the next few weeks in Edinburgh, Stockholm, Uppsala, Ilkley and London if you'd like to stop by! All details are on the events page.
- The Bookshop Book is coming out in America on the 1st October, hurrah! I was at the Little, Brown offices last week signing copies to be sent to some of the US bookstores in the book.
- We have adopted a lovely dog called Lola! She's a sweetheart and we're very happy. She's a five year old Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix. Look at those ears. Ah!
I talk about more things in the video, but those are the Big Things. :) Everything's very busy at the moment but I'm also enjoying reading the Man Booker longlist as part of the Man Booker Vloggers project and will be uploading more videos with thoughts on the books as I go. Keep an eye out for those over here.
I hope you're all having a fantastic week. xxxx