Tuesday, 3 March 2015

Hello and Bookish Updates


Hello folks! I hope you're having a lovely start to March (I am excited about the spring, I can feel it warming my bones). I spent Sunday afternoon in Richmond Park, which is always beautiful, and spied this gate which looks like something out of Alice in Wonderland.


Ah. At the moment I'm working on several writing projects, and finished my first children's book a couple of weeks ago. I've been working hard on my Youtube channel, which I'm thoroughly enjoying, and I'm still at the bookshop too. I finished book tour for The Bookshop Book just before Christmas, but I have a few festival events lined up for this year, which I'll let you know about nearer the time, and I might be doing an event in Sweden later on this year, too, which I'm excited about.

In February, I was in Paris for five days, writing and trying not to buy everything from Shakespeare and Company (which is always tricky).




and The Bookshop Book came out in Canada this week (hurray!), though sadly there's been a delay in the release date for America, which is now September 2015. I'm very sorry about this folks (it's frustrating for all of us), but in the mean time copies are available on my website, shipping worldwide, and I can dedicate the book to whoever you like :)

'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops' will be coming out in Spanish and Vietnamese, soon, and there's a Korean translation of The Bookshop Book forthcoming as well. I do find it bizarre (but very lovely) when foreign editions of my book arrive in the mail, and I know that I wrote it... but I can't read a word it says... It's a weird feeling.


I hope you're all well! xx

2 comments:

  1. all these things make me sigh of happiness and little hearts come out of my eyes as in a kid's tv cartoon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your collection of Weird Things in different languages. And that gate is lovely too. :-)

    ReplyDelete