Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Top Ten Reads of 2014

Happy New Year, folks! I hope that you had a lovely Christmas break. I had ten days off from the bookshop, from events and from writing, which was lovely. As much as I love my job, sometimes you just want to sit down and eat cheese and read a good book - y'know what I mean?

2014 was a great reading year - well, the second half was. I didn't read much at all until the end of May, as I was writing The Bookshop Book up until that point and had no time for anything apart from books for research. I made up for it in the second half of the year, though, and read 86 books in total. Considering I didn't pick up a novel for the first five months, I'm very happy with that.

Picking a top ten was hard, but I managed to get there in the end. You can watch my Top Ten Reads of 2014 over here. :) Let me know what your favourite book of 2014 was! xx

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.