Sunday, 14 September 2014

Bookshop A Day #12: Travel Bookshop, Notting Hill

I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday! I though today, for #bookshopaday, we could sit back and relax, and relive this clip from Notting Hill. It never ceases to amuse me that Dylan Moran appears here as an annoying customer, and then went on to do Black Books...


And a related 'Weird Thing...' that happened once in our bookshop:

Customer: This is the bookshop from the film Notting Hill, isn’t it?
Bookseller: No, I’m afraid it’s isn’t. 
Customer: It is. It looks exactly the same!
Bookseller: Well, not really. The bookshop in Notting Hill is a travel bookshop. Also, it’s in Notting Hill - the place.
Customer: You have a travel section, though.
Bookseller: ...Yes.
Customer: Are you not allowed to tell me that this bookshop is the one from the film, is that it?
Bookseller: ...We are not the bookshop from the film. 
Customer: Oh (winks). I see, I get it; you’re not allowed to say. It’s because you know Hugh Grant, right?
Bookseller: ...No. And Hugh Grant doesn’t actually work in that bookshop; that was just for the film. 
Customer: Aha! So you do know Hugh Grant!
Bookseller: No, I... 
Customer: Is he here? Is he in the back room?
Bookseller: What? No!
Customer: It’s ok, don’t worry; I won’t tell a soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment