Sunday, 24 August 2014

The Bookshop, Wigtown

So, Shaun who runs The Bookshop in Wigtown is one of my favourite people. He's like Bernard Black in overdrive and sometimes I'm surprised he has any customers left at all (I personally think he has a secret basement where he tortures the ones he really hates). But people still keep going to his bookshop. Why? Because his passive-aggressive shopkeeper ways are so quintessentially British it almost comes across as charming. (Also, he's a bit brilliant.) He's the first person featured in The Bookshop Book. Check out his facebook page - I'm sure it'll make you giggle. In the mean time, here he is a video of him fixing a malfunctioning Kindle... ;)

PS. You can find me at the Wigtown Book Festival on the 5th October. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment