Friday, 28 March 2014

in which I love the world

Hello my beautiful blogettes!

Do you know that it is four and a half weeks until my manuscript deadline for 'The Bookshop Book'? I am a mess of stressful excitement (that's a slight exaggeration.) Mainly I'm worried about missing out something very important (imagine if I missed out my own bookshop, how hilarious would that be? Probably not so much).

Anyway! I am happily drowning in bookshops, and books about books, and books about bookshops that I bought in bookshops (SO META). On Monday I'm going to Hay on Wye (I can't believe I've never been before). I'm road-tripping it with the lovely Sam who runs Books & Ink Bookshop in Banbury, and I shall be leaving the house at 5:30am. I am ready for all the books.

Next week I'm also chatting to Bill Bryson about his favourite books and bookshops, and I've been talking to Hank Green (of VlogBrothers awesomeness) about why he thinks bookshops are important places, too. I am seriously so excited to share this book with all of you when it's published in October. I feel so lucky to have been able to research amazing bookshops, and talk to authors passionate about them, as well as being completely inspired by people like Luis Soriano - who runs a mobile library on the back of a donkey in Colombia.


Yep. That's right.
Sometimes, the world is just an amazing place.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. x

No comments:

Post a Comment