Sunday, 2 February 2014

something to make you giggle

Here's a rather hilarious conversation relayed to me by Benedict at P&G Wells Bookshop. 

Customer: Hi, I'm looking for a book on local psychopaths.
Bookseller: Well, we have a true crime section over here. There are some books on rather gruesome multiple homicides.
(The customer looks confused and worried)
Bookseller: This book here is about a murderer in Gloucestershire. Is that local enough for you?
Customer: No, erm...
Bookseller (holding up a different book): And this one is particularly violent.
Customer: No no no. Stop! I said I wanted a book on local cycle paths. CYCLE PATHS.
Bookseller: ...Oooh... Yeah. We have books on those, too.

Ha!

On a separate note, I'm thrilled to have placed third in this year's Plough Poetry Prize. You can read my poem, merlasses, over here

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend. x

5 comments:

  1. Note: There's a chain of bike stores here in Canada called "Cyclepath".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the funnier bookseller stories I've heard in a while. Usually it's the customer who gets it wrong, so this was an interesting twist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. needed a laugh - thanks
    And, congratulations - purring for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a day maker! How embarrassing! Thanks Jen

    ReplyDelete