Wednesday, 4 September 2013

"If you put your head under water then everything stops existing. Words are no longer words, but drawn out sounds in plastic bags. It makes your eyes bulge and your chest hurt. It is wonderful and intoxicating and pulls your hair in all directions." (Pebbles)

It's the beginning of September, which means I'm excited about autumn. Woolly jumpers, ankle boots, forest walks and spiced cider candles (and, er, spiced cider itself, obviously). Sadly the weather isn't working with me; it's still twenty six degrees outside. So, I'll have to be patient.

In writing news: Two new pieces of mine have been published this week:

My poem 'on crucifixion', which was commended in the Battered Moon Competitions 2013.

And my short story 'Pebbles,' which is published in the new issue of New Welsh Review.

Also, I had a very important book-shaped meeting on Monday*.
(*I met my agent's new puppy. How cute is she?

For more photos, and also book-related things, see Charlie's Twitter).

So, yes, all is good at the moment. Book-things are brewing in the background. I'll tell you more when I can :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment