Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Dutch translation of 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops'


Here's the front cover of the Dutch translation of 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops.' I really love it. It will be published in The Netherlands by BBNC books in July. (Illustrations by Greg, same as UK edition.)

For non-Dutch speakers: The English translation of the Dutch phrases on the cover are similar to:

'I would like to buy your heaviest book, if possible.'

The book:
A history of concrete
A very heavy story

Dick Swaar (this is a Dutch word joke: there is a very famous author called Dick Swaab and besides that the literal meaning of the Dutch words Dik and Zwaar (pronounced as Dick and Swaar) actually is: thick/weighty and heavy.

I'm thrilled that the Dutch publishers have put so much thought into this. x 

4 comments:

  1. Yay! As someone from the Netherlands I'll look forward for this! Unfortunately I haven't yet been able to pre-order it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,

    Am from Malaysia. Just finished reading Weird things customers say in bookshops.

    I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope I can get the sequel soon.

    ReplyDelete