"When we read, we start at the beginning and continue until we reach the end. When we write, we start in the middle and fight our way out." - Vickie Karp
Sunday, 17 February 2013
what I've been up to when not at the bookshop...
1. Giggling at this.
2. Reading wonderful books by this publisher.
3. Writing my novel. A lot. I still have The Fear, but it is no longer owning me. Thank you, Mr. Kaufman. (The novel, in case you were wondering, is dystopian. It's about a group of women. That's all you're getting for now.)
4. Getting excited about it being lighter in the mornings - hurrah!
5. Getting ready to go to Paris next week - double hurrah! We've been once before, and very excited to be going back.
6. Trying (and often failing) to write a poem a day this month with my lovely pal Bri and some other fabulous American poets.
7. Eating far too many Malteser MaltEaster Bunnies. Yes, I know it's February. Shhh.
8. Getting freaked out by Black Mirror.
9. Preparing for the launch of More Weird Things..., which is two months away. Hurrah! You can take a look at the events I'm doing over here.
10. Having fun on Tumblr.
11. Going to bed. Goodnight! x
writer and bookseller living in London. I'm the author of the 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops' series - the sequel 'More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops' is out now. I'm also a published poet and short story writer. My poetry pamphlet 'The Hungry Ghost Festival' is published by The Rialto, and I'm currently writing my first novel. I'm represented by Charlie Campbell at Ed Victor Literary Agency.