Wednesday, 12 September 2012

“The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings!”


Some booky goodness to start off the day! (I apologise for any dent this post may make in your bank account.)

Wonderful novel posters - the entire text of a book on one beautiful poster!

For example: Pride and Prejudice




The Literary Gift Company also have posters of The Great Gatsby, Alice, The Wizard of Oz, and Huck Finn. 

Lovely. And these beautiful 'novel bags.' Books AS bags. Books that can hold your books! Oh my goodness.




How beautiful are they? You can find more over here

Right. I'm going to stop lusting over bookish things on the internet and get back to work. 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstore's is released in USA/Canada tomorrow! Eek. x

7 comments:

  1. The book purses are lovely, very attractive, but I actually have some of those very editions (Barnes and Noble) on my shelves! They're not old. You can buy them new online. I'm not sure how I feel about using them to make purses, then. I prefer they be made from books found in charity shops or ones that are in garbage condition but the covers are all right. It seems almost horrifying a little to buy these for the covers and to rip out the pages to make the bags! I'm conflicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Congrats on your release here in North America!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steph! I know they're not old (have seen these editions myself), and I've also seen the older books made into bags by other people, too (Bookish have some of those, though they're obviously much more expensive). I, personally, don't find it horrifying that these books have been made into something else; I just think of it as bookish art :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Major bank account dents--and with currency conversion! But please, please, keep posting these lovely gems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow. The Literary Gift Co site is amazing...and dangerous! I think I just need to ask for giftcards to there for every holiday ever from now on :-D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this would be both wise and sensible. x

      Delete