Monday, 3 September 2012

"An idea that's not dangerous is not worthy of being called an idea at all." - Oscar Wilde

 Good morning! Today is a day for pretty things.
...it seems like when you absolutely have to write poems, poems come. You stomp about and they rise up, brought to the surface like night-crawlers. Pressure is good. pressure is like bait.
        I don’t know if poems are always there, the bare bones of them at least, waiting for anyone to find. Sometimes it’s like dredging up old bones, or bodies preserved in peat. Sometimes, there’s the feeling where they’re swimming beside me and I swing out and catch them thread by thread. Sometimes I don’t catch them at all.
This is a lovely blog post by Joanna Guthrie, on writing poems to order, about landscapes, knowing that they'd be set to music. It's a beautiful read.

And these are beautiful literary posters by Evan Roberston. Quotes by writers, with black and white illustrations.





If you don't follow Bella's Bookshelves, then I recommend you do. That's how I stumbled across these posters. She's excellent at finding bookish gems.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks, Jen! :) And they are lovely, aren't they? I really want one.

    PS. And readers, if you haven't yet got Jen's Hungry Ghost Festival, do. The poetry is excellent. Review to come on my blog...

    ReplyDelete