Tuesday, 24 July 2012

you tell me you own all the water in the world


Good afternoon, folks! Over the past couple of days I've been proofing the final manuscript for 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores.' It's rather exciting! Greg's done a couple of new illustrations for the American edition; it'll all go off to the printers very soon, and will be released by Overlook Press at the beginning of September.

Exciting things are happening at this end, too, but I can't tell you about them yet. Soon, my friends, soon!

It's all very busy here - I mean the city as well as what I've been up to, as the Olympics are practically upon us. I plan to stay out of the centre of London until it's all over. If you need me, I'll either be at the bookshop, writing in the garden, or at home, hiding behind a book [at the moment that book is Banana Yoshimoto's Kitchen. I like it very much indeed].

I leave you with this. Farewell. x


'When We Found the Tide' by Jen Campbell from The Hungry Ghost Festival

4 comments:

  1. Another lovely and evocative piece; thanks Jen .) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I intend to (more than) hibernate during the Olympics as well.

    'When We Found the Tide' is a beautiful poem and you reading of it is superb. May I be so audacious as to suggest that a slower reading would, I think, resound better with the audience?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you got my tweet - I am still purring over the postcard - love it! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this poem! You took me spinning back to the magical invented worlds of childhood... fab!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after it has been approved by the site moderator. (This is to stop spam.)