Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Willy Wonka: "Goodbye, Mrs. Gloop. Adieu. Auf wiedersehen. Gesundheit."


Folks! I bid you farewell for a little while. Tomorrow I'm heading up to Liverpool, and from there catching a ferry over to Belfast for the Belfast Book Festival. I'll be doing an event at Waterstones on Fountain Street on Saturday 3:30pm. It's a free event, so if you're around Belfast it would be lovely to see you there. I'll be chatting about 'Weird Things...' reading some poetry from my collection that's coming out next month, and signing books.

From there, Miles and I are hopping on a ferry to the west coast of Scotland and driving down to the Lake District. There we shall go on long hikes, and I also plan to write & read, perhaps in front of a log fire [and hopefully avoid most of the rain, though I think that will be a little impossible]. I feel like I'm rather in need of a break.


On my return, it'll be Independent Booksellers' Week, and I've got five events lined up that week in Yorkshire, Wivenhoe, Coleford, Warwick and Oxford [details on the left of the blog]. So, yes. Phewf. Au revoir, chaps, I'll see you anon. x

6 comments:

  1. Lucky!!! Have fun :) and please go into bookshops and say weird things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and Miles have an absolutely lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whereabouts on the West coast of Scotland? I grew up in Oban, there's a great chocolate shop right on the Esplanade, Mmmm chocolate....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ferry gets in to Cairnryan, and we'll be driving down from there. I've been to Oban before when I was yonger [the seals!], and as we both went to Edinburgh Uni we've ventured around Scotland quite a bit :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not get seasick and dry your paws when they get wet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Travel sickness pills: check! x

    ReplyDelete