Wednesday, 20 June 2012

we're not going on a bear hunt. It's probably a sheep hunt, instead.

Greetings from The Lake District, folks. I've had to seek out some interwebs to get some editorial work done for 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores' (the US/Canada version, which is out in two months!). Apparently there is no rest for the wicked.

A massive thank you to everyone who came along to my event at The Belfast Book Festival. It was a lot of fun!


Now M and I are in the Lake District. There's a peacock who wanders into our drive every morning and sings to us [very out of tune]. We have named him Percy.


Mostly we have been hiking. I'm going to have very large leg muscles by the time we leave.





Whilst hiking, we stumbled across an idea for a new play. We call it Ramlet. 

That is all. 

Hope you're all well! x


--
Currently reading: A Wild Sheep Chase: Haruki Murakami / Lung Soup: Andrew Elliott

5 comments:

  1. Great photos - love the Ramlet =)

    Please say hello to Percy for me. There is a free space for him to rent in my garden. I only have Magpies screeching out of tune and wouldn't mind a swap ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramlet!! Excellent. :)

    And oh! I'm SO JEALOUS right now! If I could be anywhere in the world, Yorkshire would be it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're not in Yorkshire, Steph, we're over on the west of the country. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ramlet! Thanks for the laugh.

    I'm glad you're having such a fun time. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would totally pre-order tickets for Ramlet right this minute.

    ReplyDelete