Tuesday, 5 June 2012

"Mummy! I've found Harry Potter!"

This past week [as well as work] I've had a lovely time doing events at the Yellow-Lighted Book Festival and signing books at Waterstones in Wimbledon. There were children climbing bookshelves and everything in Wimbledon yesterday. Most excellent. I particularly liked a child called Henry who, after climbing a bookshelf to get to a copy of The Avengers, pointed at a film edition of The Woman in Black & yelled: 'MUMMY! I've found Harry Potter! He wears contacts now!' Fantastic.

Saturday 9th June 11am I'll be chatting about 'Weird Things....' at Waterstones in King's Lynn, so come along if you're in the area.

The Belfast Book Festival have released their timetable [over here]. I'll be doing an event for 'Weird Things...' at 3:30pm on Saturday 16th June hosted by Waterstones on Fountain Street. I'll be chatting about 'Weird Things...' and also reading poetry from my forthcoming collection. It's a free event, so come along :)

[If you can't make the events and would like a signed copy of the book then head over here]

Bar that, here are some things I've stumbled across recently which I thought you might like.

1. This excellent comic strip of part of a Neil Gaiman speech. 

2. 'We're fools whether we dance or not, so we may as well dance.'

3. A look at fifteen writers' bedrooms.

4. Imogen Heap's 'Love the Earth.' I saw her perform this at the Royal Albert Hall. She wrote the score, conducted the orchestra and sang along. She's a genius.

5. If you like short story writing, then check out this course run by Tom Vowler and Zoe Lambert. 

6. Finally, I'd like to stuff my face with some of these. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment