Sunday, 27 May 2012

Weird Things... in Europe


'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops' is going to Finland! I signed the contract on Friday, and it'll be published in the autumn by Nemo. Hurray!

In other news, I've seen one of the illustrations for the Swedish edition of 'Weird Things...'!  [The American & Finnish editions will have Greg's original illustrations]. The Swedish edition will be illustrated by Henrik Langes and will be published in the autumn by Bokförlaget Lind & Co, under the title 'Bokhandels Blues.'

Customer: Doesn't it bother you, being surrounded by books all day? I'd be paranoid they were all going to jump off the shelves and kill me.

[but, er, with the text in Swedish, obviously]


Excellent! 

Tomorrow I will be at The Yellow-Lighted Book Festival.  I hope some of you can make it. There will be 'Weird Things...' and chat, and poetry and cake. :) x

2 comments:

  1. Purr, purr! Er, when are they going to translate it into "Feline"? :-)
    Seriously, it is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it ever comes out in Norwegian, I'm buying it as a present for my mother and mother in law! Until then I prefer the English version ;-)

    ReplyDelete