Wednesday, 9 May 2012
a list of things in the middle of the night
Have a listen.
2. Over the next month you can find me at The Yellow-Lighted Book Festival [28th May], a signing at Waterstones in Wimbledon [Bank holiday Monday, 4th June, 1pm] and a reading and signing at Waterstones in King's Lynn [Saturday 9th June, 11am]. I'm also going to be at the Belfast Book Festival in June; I'll let you know details of that nearer the time.
3. This made me smile. I spy...
4. I was very sad to hear that Maurice Sendak passed away yesterday. He was rather wonderful.
“Once a little boy sent me a charming card with a little drawing on it. I loved it. I answer all my children’s letters — sometimes very hastily — but this one I lingered over. I sent him a card and I drew a picture of a Wild Thing on it. I wrote, “Dear Jim: I loved your card.” Then I got a letter back from his mother and she said, “Jim loved your card so much he ate it.” That to me was one of the highest compliments I’ve ever received. He didn’t care that it was an original Maurice Sendak drawing or anything. He saw it, he loved it, he ate it.” - Maurice Sendak.
4. I'm chuffed to bits to have been nominated for The Forward Prize this year, for Best Single Poem, both by The Rialto and Shearsman. Hurray for poetry!
5. I'm pretty sure that I need these in my life.
6. And this.
8. “Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning. ”