Monday, 28 May 2012

“Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” - Mark Twain


Ok, so you might have realised that I'm a little bit obsessed with literature. But, if you're here, then I'm assuming that you are too. So that's ok.

So, today I'm going to talk book clothing. Who doesn't love books on their clothes? I like books on my EVERYTHING, including my cake [that's not my cake. I wish it was]. If you've got some then reply with images and links and all that jazz. I'd love to see them.

If you're looking for t-shirts, then the place to head to is Out of Print clothing. I have been lusting after some of their stuff for months. As a present to myself for 'Weird Things...', I bought two of them.

Here's The Color Purple t-shirt. [It was sunny this weekend, so after work it was officially Pimm's O'clock.]




They have lots of other excellent things over on their website.

Esty, Bookish and Literary Gift Company are the best places for finding jewellery. 

I bought this Alice in Wonderland 'curiouser and curiouser' necklace on Etsy. The brooch was a birthday present from my lovely pal Jo.


You can find lots of other Alice necklaces over on Etsy here

I particularly love this Red Queen brooch from Bookish.

Pretty!

I'm also a little bit in love with the Moomins. I bought this necklace.

It's no longer available, but there are several other types of Moomin necklaces.

My two newest book-necklace are a Little Red Riding Hood one [view on etsy here]


and these beautiful Peter Pan and Alice necklaces made by Tina  


Check out Tina's shop, she makes some really beautiful and high quality necklaces and brooches. 

Ah. All the pretty things. x

8 comments:

  1. Yes, I love those OP Tees, too. I started carrying them in my bookshop last fall, but alas, I think it's mostly staff who buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very bad friend posting all those links.

    Very. Bad. Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my days, there's an origin of the species Tshirt. This appeases the geek and the reader in me. Sigh, I guess I'll have to spend some pennies now then...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! I may be going on a bit of a shopping spree. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link! The Bell Jar, Animal Farm and Wuthering Heights are very tempting. I've also been tempted by the very cool book iphone wallets I've seen around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As for Moomins... you should totally visit the Moomin wonderland in Covent Garden:http://www.coventgardenlondonuk.com/shopping/articles/the-moomins-shop-opens-in-the-market-building

    ReplyDelete