Thursday, 5 January 2012

some quickfire fun things

1. Here's an anagram tube map. I particularly like: 'Dragon & Falcon Hire,' 'A Retard Cotton Mouth,' 'Burst Racoon' & 'Frog Innard.' & not forgetting 'Rugby Skin,' 'Prussian Gurdle' and 'Queer Spank.'

2. My poem 'The Bearded Creatures' has placed in the York Open Poetry Competition 2011. Hurray!

3. There are only 14 copies of my limited edition poetry collection left. We've now raised over £4000 for EEC International - so, thank you, lovely people. [It's illustrated by Greg, who has also illustrated 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops.']

4. Here are some beautiful illustrations Ronald Searle drew for his wife.

5. Roald Dahl stamps.

6. If you're in North London, there was a piece in today's issue of The Ham and High about Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops.

7. This blog post by Amanda Palmer may or may not have made me cry like a baby.

Night. xx

4 comments:

  1. Am jealous - Roald Dahl stamps! The Anagram Underground is great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just learned that one of my co-workers has been diagnosed with untreatable cancer. I probably should be smiling rather than crying at the Ronald Searle illustrations, but there it is. I wish and hope everyone battling cancer has someone near and dear who strives to lift their spirits through the days ahead and hopefully longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received my own copy of your poem book in the mail yesterday! Looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link to Amanda Palmer's blog. I'd read about the wedding from Neil Gaiman's side, but it's lovely to see what she thought of it all.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after it has been approved by the site moderator. (This is to stop spam.)