Thursday, 22 December 2011

poetry filming: Sonia Hensler & merry christmas



Smile for London are announcing the artists who are pairing up with poets to create poetry films for the London Underground in January. Sonia Hensler will be animating my poem about Oxford Circus. Sonia produces really cool collage-type-drawings, like the one shown over on the right. I'm really excited to see what she comes up with. You can read an interview with her over here.

You can read more about the videos and the collaborations on the Smile for London blog. [Please do excuse the video they found of me; it's from a while ago and I appear to be racing to the end of the poem I'm reading.]

I'm finishing bookselling-type-work early this year and, after closing up the bookshop tonight, I'm getting on a train up north, to Newcastle, for Christmas. So, festive tidings to you all! I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas. Here's a baby polar bear. xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear after it has been approved by the site moderator. (This is to stop spam.)