Friday, 11 November 2011

poetry, postcards, short stories and post

Happy Friday, folks. It's taken me the best part of this week to recover from last weekend [that sounds melodramatic, I know, but true!]. This is probably because I've not actually taken a break, ha. I've been working at the bookshop during the day, working on several writing projects in the evenings and have just started writing out the poems on postcards from last weekend. M and I spent all of last night matching poems up with appropriate postcards.



I've had messages from people asking when postcards will arrive. Poems 1-21 went out in the post today, so those should be with people soon.  I'll be sending them out in batches over the next week or so; please bear with me, and remember that I'm the arthritic writer missing several fingers, so writing masses of stuff by hand is not my strong point ;). If you have bought a poem, please let me know when it arrives. It might be cool if you could also email me a photo of where you display it, then I can put the photos up on the blog showing where the poems are all over the world.

(I'm also currently investigating releasing the 100 poems in a limited edition pamphlet, to sell on my blog to raise a little more money for EEC International. I'm 95% sure that this will go ahead, so watch this space).

In other news: Poetry: yesterday I got an email from Patricia McCarthy [editor of Agenda] saying that I've been picked as one of their Chosen Young Broadsheet Poets, which I'm very excited about. Some of my work appeared in their online broadsheets [15 and 16] earlier this year. Now four poems of mine will be published in a book-sized print edition of theirs some point soon.



Short stories: this year's edition of Short FICTION is out. It includes a short story by me called Fringe, about a girl called Linnea who gatecrashes plays at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, spending her life taking on the parts of other people. It's been illustrated, too. You can order a copy over here.

I'll be back soon with an interview with the lovely Joe Dunthorne, and also a blog post with some book recommendations. In the mean time, farewell, and happy weekend! x

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jen, don't forget to take a break occasionally :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Please accept my order for one of the 100 page poem books (yes pamphlet, I know)
    I hope you remembered to take a copy of the post cards as well as these could make nice background for each poem and where it ended up too.
    For a non-writing reader, I can get pushy! LOL
    Glad you are back to normal(what ever normal is)
    From Canada with great affection
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that picture of the postcards is any indication, you have very nice handwriting. I am slowly working my way through the 100 poems online. I would love to buy a copy of them, so I hope you do manage to sell the pamphlet.

    Congratulations for the Chosen Young Broadsheet Poet thing :) That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete