Saturday, 26 November 2011

poetry, pamphlets, christmas

A quick little blog post.

All the poems on postcards from 100 Poem Challenge have been posted. If you're in the UK, you should have yours by now. If you're further away, you should receive your postcard next week. Hurrah!

In the next week or so, I will be selling limited edition collections of the 100 poems from the 100 Poem Challenge, bound together, numbered and signed, with an beautiful cover illustrated by the lovely Greg McLeod [who is also illustrating Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops].

Look, here's the cover:



Pretty, no? There will be 200 copies. They will go on sale on this blog. All proceeds go to EEC International. [*cough*they will make nice Christmas presents*cough*]. Greg's just finishing up the artwork for the back cover and, once that's done, they will whizz off to the printers. Check back soon.

Speaking of Christmas presents and charity, the lovely Blackwells in Edinburgh has a Children's Book Tree [which I found via Nicola Morgan.] On this tree, staff hang requests from children who are either vulnerable or have some reason for extra need. Then customers either come into the shop or phone on 0131 622 8225 and buy one of the gifts, which then gets wrapped up and given to the child in time for Christmas. A fabulous cause, no? I just called up and bought a copy of Northern Lights for a teenage girl. So, if you can, please do give them a call and buy a book for a vulnerable child this Christmas.

xx

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, keep me posted. Or rather I'll keep a close eye on your blog, as I'd like a copy of the pamphlet.

    Laura
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm very excited to receive my postcard and to buy the pamphlet too. I loved the poems, and it was such a fun project for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oki Doke, where do I send my money to and how much do you want. Can I use PayPal?
    Great fun! Fun to watch it all develop, fun to see it get done, fun to know we all helped just a bit. And of course, a lot of bits make a batch which helps even more!
    Have a good time all

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my poem! It's so lovely. I was grinning from ear to ear when I opened the letter, but I still can't believe you managed to do all these poems in 48 hours. Good for you! I'm happy I got to contribute to this great cause. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be keeping my eye out. I will look forward to buying the pamphlet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! I got my Poem yesterday. That would be Wednesday November 30! It arrived. Jenn, you are truly amazing. And the poem is great too! The care and perfection in which it was wrapped and sent out was a work or art in its own right. I am trying to figure out how to mount it so all can see it now. I am hopeing for a burst of genius soon (more coffee) Thanks ever so much.
    M
    Also got my books as well It was very much an early Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm desperate for a pamphlet... hope I'm not 201 in the queue :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after it has been approved by the site moderator. (This is to stop spam.)