Friday, 4 November 2011

Midnight has come and gone, which means that 100 Poem Challenge is officially here! Eek!

I haven't planned out any poems, I haven't made any drafts. I haven't even examined the tag words to think of ideas because it felt like cheating. I will be doing ALL of the work this weekend.

I've just written the first poem, and posted it. Now I'm off to bed, will get up early and work work work all weekend. Running total for the challenge is $3672/£2275 raised for EEC International. You all are amazing.

Poem #1

...Mostly, we dressed up as birds. Mary's favourites
were the leather swans. Black feathers in her bedsheets
and a zip up to her neck. We'd walk
together and in lines -
our wings hooping every lamppost...

 [read it all over here]

Tweet and spread the word this weekend, if you can. I hope you enjoy reading the poems. All of them will be posted, as I write them, over here. x

ETA: It's the morning, so here's a video of me talking about it, in glittery tights, with a tortoise. Oh yes.

Poems over here.

3 comments:

  1. The tights don't look all that glittery, actually?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as I said, you'll have to take my word for it - they sparkle.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after it has been approved by the site moderator. (This is to stop spam.)