Thursday, 13 October 2011

a little video of me talking about things.



Hello! If you've reached this post and don't know who I am: my name's Jen [hi!] and I'm a writer and bookseller living in London. I've had my poems and short stories published in various places, and I'm also the author of 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops.' I also have EEC Syndrome, which is a rare form of Ectodermal Dysplasia. A couple of months ago I was told that, because of this condition, I might lose my sight in the next fifteen years [how careless of me]. So, I'm doing a fundraising event to raise money for research centres who are looking for a cure for this, and who are also doing research into better understanding and helping out in other areas affected by EEC. My fundraising challenge: writing 100 Poems in just one weekend. [5th and 6th of November]. When I write the poems, they will be posted online over on this website.

Here's a little video where I explain everything about it.


CLICK TO DONATE [and to read a bit more about it]  ETA: The donation page has now expired, but you can buy a copy of the poetry collection over here. Over £4000 has been raised so far, thank you to everyone who has donated and spread the word. xx


Thank you. Lots of love xxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. I love the video, best of luck with the project, I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful video. Well done for doing this, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after it has been approved by the site moderator. (This is to stop spam.)