Wednesday, 24 August 2011

CALLING BOOKSELLERS THE WORLD OVER

 

 Folks! Thank you very very much to those of you who sent in entries for a top 'Weird Things Customers Say in Other Bookshops' for the back of my 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops' book. We've got some real gems. [I attractively snorted lemonade out of my nose whilst reading some.]

In fact, we enjoyed them so much, that we want to make this list longer. SO we're reopening the submissions for the book for those who hadn't heard about it last time. And not only that, but we're opening them up to booksellers - EVERYWHERE. Worldwide. [If you have a bookshop in space, you may enter too. Extra kudos to you.]

Please send in your best 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops' to weirdthingsuk@gmail.com. Set the conversation out in a script format [as seen in my posts here]. Please include your name, contact number, and the name & location of your bookshop.

Deadline: 30th September.

If you're not a bookseller, do pass this message on to your local bookshop! Tweet them. Drop them an email. Go in and talk to them. Let's make this a book for booksellers and booklovers alike.

Go!

xxxxxxxx

[PS. As for those who have already sent quotes in; we'll be contacting you all shortly - thank you!]

[PPS. At the moment this edition is to be published in the UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand, but we will be pitching to other places very very soon.]

4 comments:

  1. YAY! This is exciting. Now to think of the stuff that comes up, which of course does. I actually usually forget it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I've got some perfect ones! A friend sent me over here. I've been doing a semi-weekly blog on life in a bookstore. I'll have to find my best ones :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this book. I sit here muttering 'do people really say that?'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a (possibly stupid) question about submitting "Weird Things" to you for the book re: my bookseller status. I *was* a bookseller years ago in a well-known (& closing) California New Age/Spiritual bookstore, and that's where the interactions in my potential submissions occurred. (In fact, I had a one-woman show for a while w/ a local theatre group about working there: I called it "Nancy Druid, OR The Lost Weekends of Jesus." ; ] )

    But I no longer work there, and therefore doubt that they would want me identified as their employee. On the other hand, I will soon be selling books in space as QuoterLibris, but my site is not live yet.

    What to do, what to do? Should I just skip submitting something? Or is there a solution?

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after it has been approved by the site moderator. (This is to stop spam.)