Tuesday, 5 July 2011

several very nice things.

I arrived at the bookshop today to a postcard [see left] from Dickon Edwards. It's of the cover of a book we have in the shop at the moment, and he'd spied it at the British Library exhibition and posted it to us. How nice is that? We love our customers, yes yes. Thank you also people on Twitter who have popped by Ripping Yarns to say hello - we like that too! [Especially Jane who brought me cake!]

Over on Metafilter, MrFTBN made this Garfield comic strip after reading the last 'Weird Things' on this post. It made chuckle lots.

Aaaand, because I just realised I hadn't posted about this on here, I have a literary agent. Hurray! His name is Charlie Campbell, and he works at Ed Victor. He's pretty awesome [but don't tell him I said that]. I'll be popping into their office to sign with them on Thursday.

Finally: keep your eyes peeled as I have some exciting news to share. Not today. Soon soon. Promise. [And, no it's not a radio show on Geordie ninjas - though that would be extremely fabulous]. x

8 comments:

  1. Congrats for linking up with the agent. The world's now your mussel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *flexes 'mussel'* oh... wait. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting an agent :)
    (And that Garfield comic was hilarious!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! I failed completely on agent acquistion, and am in self-publishing-I-have-no-shame-(and-no-agent) purdah.

    But I need to buy some Edwardian adventure books for a project, so must pop up the 'ill from 'Olloway to say 'ello...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to you, and a hearty congratulations!! So exciting, Jen! Can't wait to see what you produce. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I said elsewhere - purring for you Jen. I am so pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's WONDERFUL! Congratulations. I'm looking forward to hearing your next set of news.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after it has been approved by the site moderator. (This is to stop spam.)