Friday, 22 July 2011

Hello from Montenegro & calling all UK and Irish booksellers

Hi everyone! I'm typing this from Montenegro, where M and I are traveling around at the moment. So far we've been to Dubrovnik and Kotor, and we're currently living in a tiny wooden hut on the side of a mountain just outside Zabljak. On Sunday or Monday we're heading to Sarajevo, from there to mountains in Bosnia, on to Mostar and then back to Dubrovnik and home. We're doing lots of hiking at the moment, and yesterday we climbed Mount Meded, before heading to the Black Lake.

In other news, three poems of mine are to be published in issue 15 of The Delinquent, and in-between hikes and traveling, I am getting some writing done. I've found myself working on a film script for a long version of one of my short stories, which is new for me and quite exciting.

Don't forget, if you're reading this and you're a bookseller in the UK or Ireland, you can submit to 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops' book. See previous post for details. it also appeared in this week's Bookseller. NB it has now expanded to UK and Ireland as my publisher confirmed this book will be distributed there. If you're not a bookseller, then tell booksellers you do know, and if you're a bookseller outside of the UK and Ireland then standby, and I will hopefully call on you soon.

When I next find myself near a computer, I shall be posting an interview I did with the lovely Joanne Harris, and a book prize draw. Ciao x

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by and letting me know that Irish Bookshop could participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you're having a fantastic time, even sans tea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics, and that sounds like an amazing vacation. Jealous! Also, congratulations on publishing your poems and on you new endeavour!

    Looking forward to that Joanne Harris interview. She's one of my faves. I travelled three hours to hear her read here. :)

    ReplyDelete