Sunday, 22 May 2011

writing update

I'm very glad that the blog post below made so many of you chuckle. I've decided to do a monthly round up of very silly things that people say in our bookshop - more often if there's a sudden flurry [which, it seems, is not unlikely].

I have quite a lot of writing news at the moment. So, let's go:

My short story/CD package with Paper Aeroplanes sold out in two days. Fast work, my friends, well done! I have poetry forthcoming in the next issues of Obsessed with Pipework and The Interpreter's House. My poem 'Kitchen' will be published in the Kent and Sussex Poetry Society folio at the end of July, and my poem 'Written in my 1999 Diary: Newcastle Futures' will be up online soon as part of Claire Askew's 'Starry Rhymes' project, to celebrate what would have been Allen Ginsberg's 85th birthday.

I've also got short stories in the next issue of Inkspill Magazine and Fuselit. I've just done the final edits for my short story 'Fringe' which is to be published as a chapbook in the next issue of Short FICTION.

But what I'd especially like to give a shout out to right now is the new issue of The Rialto. Ah. Yes. It has two poems in from myself, as well as poems from wonderful ladies Anna Woodford, Hannah Lowe and Christina Dunhill. You can see interviews with Anna and Hannah by clicking on the links on the left hand side of this blog.

The Rialto is a wonderful publication and I'm chuffed to bits to be in it. You can order it online now, and it'll be in shops next week. Newcastle folks: I'm informed that copies of The Rialto [72] will be in Blackwells, next to Haymarket metro, as of some time this week, so get your bums over there. x

[& I'll be back in just over a week with an interview with the lovely Tania Hershman]

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all the forthcoming publications, Jen - I'm hoping to get my copy of the Paper Aeroplanes CD package this week and very much look forward to reading your story.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after it has been approved by the site moderator. (This is to stop spam.)